Changes introduced by kernel 6.5~rc7-1~exp1+reform20230831T205634Z1

Thanks for tips about disabling crypto-tests; I’ll try it during my next experiments.

I was testing suspend/resume when on battery; following the next advice I’ll try testing when connected to the charger. Not sure if my other issues are related. On the other hand suspend makes more sense “on the road” without easy access to power, so making sure it works on battery would be next step.

It looks that official set (WiFi and NVMe sold together in shop) is working without much problems - and other models are not so well cooperating together. On the one hand it’s good to have reference hardware; on the other hand I believe that strength of MNT Reform is customisability - and so it should work in various configurations. In the future, when there are different motherboards (new release) or CPU modules (LS1028A, i.MX8MPlus, A511… with varying number of available PCIe lanes) I’m afraid that the more variations might make job of stabilising entire system more complex - especially when we add uBoot and LPC/firmware versions. Some people upgrade those, some keep at initial versions. And let’s not forget about different operating systems (Genode, Plan 9, …).

We (as community) might start thinking about gathering information about working hardware, configurations and tips for dealing with potential problems. What do you think about creating few wiki pages (using GitLab) where we could write what works and what doesn’t? Currently finding it requires going through many posts in forum.