Heard about the MNT Reform "frankenstein"

I wondered what the specs will look like, if it will have a day battery life while being used even for web browsing with screen on, the ports, headphone jack, if it will have the imx8m, etc…
And of course when you think the crowdfunding will begin for it.
I hear it is 5 inches you intend to make it, I would love that, but I also wonder how much it will weigh too. :slight_smile:

Anywho, do you know when the release date or heck, even the beta version will be out? Thanks in advance!

There will be some more information in a few weeks. At the moment the project is still in the usability research phase, we’re not focusing on technical stuff too much.

Alright, well, I only have three main requirements that I would like if possible, no backdoors obviously, day battery life for audio playback + screen on. A few usb 3.0’s would be good too though. in addition to a micro sd slot/emmc slot.

That all being said, it is not my project clearly, but I also neglected to ask, how much do you plan to charge for this device when its made you think? what’s your aim?

Also, on an unrelated note, I appreciate you planning to do this, its very irregular, but it sounds amazing.

I look forward to your news and crowdfunding.

1 Like

Actually, I also neglected to ask will this device be upgradeable in anyway shape or form? Aka, processors and ram.
If not, its not a huge issue, but it would be an awesome idea.

Yes, the idea is to use the same modules compatible with MNT Reform. Just the “carrier” will be a lot smaller.

2 Likes

Great, it keeps sounding better. :slight_smile:

Incidently, I am still curious about pricing, and if you will make there be at least one internal usb slot, for wifi. I think that would save space over an entire wifi card.
Maybe that would give me or other people, more room for solid state drive nvme? Idk, just a thought! :wink:

I look forward to seeing the specs.

I saw your recent update on mastodon, I assume that the mini is already in progress? :smiley:

The mini is like a mini laptop with keyboard, etc… connected right?

I like the look of it so far though. :slight_smile:

This update:

This looks like its 4 inches, lol

But hey, its still cool to have something like this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Crazy thought, will this be stable enough and durable enough that I can have it play music and have it next to me while I sleep?
Obviously with it ready to suspend within 30 mins…
:grin:

Please make it this durable! It would be utterly awesome, even if it costs a little more!

[offtop]Why can’t you use cheapest airgapped android tablet for that? Or it’s more about floss philosofy than functionality?[/offtop]

Android untrustworthy, so yeah it is mostly about floss.
Besides, Focuswriter don’t work on android. Android hates odt files. :wink:

Currently, I use an mp3 player to play music next to me, and it doesn’t break. So yeah, also its rockbox. :slight_smile:

Also, I want something that can be upgraded and have longevity as well as having easily replaceable parts.

Though I did wonder, if this device will come with a usb-c to usb 3.0 cable for charging. but also something similar to a trackpoint on it.

I am editing to include these things because I actually wondered about this.

I am hopeful everything on this will be designed to be easily replaced.

I also had another thought/idea, make it so you can set the brightness level once you boot past the bios to any level above 25%.
Obviously if its too dim, you can’t see anything. :wink:
That would make this device have even more potential for battery life regardless of the size of the battery.
And also of course have a brightness boost key on the Mnt Reform Mini too, if possible. :slight_smile: