No keyboard input with LS1028 board and latest image?

Probably not. The loglevel=7 workaround only restores the previous behaviour. It does not fix the problem. It’s still only a dirty workaround. See Lukas’ post from above:

I can now boot from encrypted luks and use my keyboard fine using your instructions. Will report back if I notice any flakiness, so far it’s been stable for me. Only rebooted a few times though. Thanks @josch !

1 Like

Just mentioning for anyone who had this issue that build 4529 has the loglevel fix built-in. Was able to boot and set up my nvme on my LS1028 without any other steps; I’ll also note that I still only get keyboard input working on every 4 or 5 boot attempts.

Does that mean that if you happen to have the keyboard when booting, you are able to enter your LUKS passphrase after the loglevel fix? This was broken by the loglevel=3 default.

Yes, the underlying issue still persists and is recorded here so that it does not get forgotten and/or maybe gets found by somebody who has the time and skill to fix dwc3: [ls1028a] unreliable usb due to dwc3 (#5) · Issues · Reform / reform-debian-packages · GitLab

Does that mean that if you happen to have the keyboard when booting, you are able to enter your LUKS passphrase after the loglevel fix? This was broken by the loglevel=3 default.

Sorry, to be specific, I’m not using LUKS, I’ve simply never been able to boot with input on a loglevel 3 image.

Yes, the underlying issue still persists and is recorded here so that it does not get forgotten and/or maybe gets found by somebody who has the time and skill to fix dwc3: [ls1028a] unreliable usb due to dwc3 (#5) · Issues · Reform / reform-debian-packages · GitLab

Of course, I’m moreso providing a datapoint for other users to not give up if they use a new image and maybe roll a couple boots with bad timings.

1 Like