RISC OS on Reform

I saw this a little while ago: mntmn: "RISC OS is the first alternative operating system…" - Mastodon

Is there any publicly available boot image or instructions to build one somewhere? I’d love to play with that. :slight_smile:

I’m currently checking with the author of the code if and how it’s possible to release this.

1 Like

That would be pretty cool, we worked with that back in the late 80ies :smiley:

Hi. Is there any info about progress with RISC OS for reform? Is it possible?

A build will be published soon.

5 Likes

Hello. Just checking to see if there is any news about a RISC OS image for Reform?

it was mentioned pretty vaguely on the the openriscos forum quite a while ago, the consensus there seems to be that Reform hardware is not worth the expense and therefore it isn’t a priority target at all. There has been no apparent activity at all since it originally was shown to boot on Reform.

At this point I don’t expect it to go anywhere unfortunately.

Any luck with the RISC OS on Linux port? GitHub - TimothyEBaldwin/RISC_OS_Linux_Binary

Please edit and reword your sentence about the forum (inflammatory).

I have a working binary of RiscOS for Reform but not the driver sources, as the licensing was unclear. Also, the version does not bring up the display itself, it relies on u-boot to set up the framebuffer. Several people have attempted to set up the internal display in u-boot (instead of HDMI) and didn’t succeed. cinap_lenrek has recently written a working internal display driver for 9front from scratch—so if someone would backport this work into u-boot, RiscOS would also work on the internal display. Another solution is to kexec RiscOS from 9front.

I apologise, I was just stating how the thread came across to me. I’ve edited it, hopefully its better now

Based on what I read its unclear how useful RISCOS would even be on Reform without an awful lot of work and further development.

1 Like