1.9 USB FAT32 not possible any longer?

• Amiga model: 3000D
  • 680x0 CPU: 60LC
  • RAM Configuration: WarpEngine 32mX2, ZZ9000 256M
  • Kickstart, AmigaOS Versions: 3.1.4
  • ZZ9000 Firmware version: 1.9(.1?)
  • ZZ9000 Driver version: 1.9.1

Just upgraded to 1.9.1, and totally regret it. Cannot figure out how to get my USB Fat32 to work without crashing now during writes. Trying AutoBoot firmware and NoAutoBoot firmware still crashes the drive after a certain number of file wrties. I tried both .device in devs, and am still mounting the fat95 device in user-startup (when using NoAutoBoot firmware).

Guru is: 8000000B Task: 0A436328

Quesiton: In the 1.9.1 installer Extra folder there are two ZZUSB devices

zzusb.device
zzusb.device.noauto

Why two? Don’t I only need one when using the NoAutoBoot firmware? Which one to use? Do I rename noauto if I use it?

I hate to ask but is FAT32 no longer possible???

thanks,
RDP

Hi RDP,
Yes unfortunatly it’s broken at the moment. se this older post. Zz9000 and USB mount

What version of Firmware was it working with for you?
Can you not downgrade to the working version?
Maybe im going back as well since i really need some smarter way to transfer files from PC to Amiga than burning CD’s.
Best regards

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. I was using FAT32 as expected under 1.8. Unfortunaltey, even though I restored bit-by-bit my CF flash card to the 1.8 installation (and of course the BIOS), I couldn’t get some things to work again, so after asking some questions on the IRC channel I was informed that basically 1.8 is long gone, nothing is happening there any more, upgrade and deal with the current BIOS/SOFTWARE, the future is there. I really miss the FAT 32. I have no use for the current setup. I understand other people might be really happy with the changes.

thanks,
RDP