Another WiFi issue - gvfsd-wsdd/network

I’m suddenly unable to connect to the usual WiFi networks. The journalctl messages that could be relevant are these:

gvfsd-wsdd: Failed to spawn the wsdd daemon: Failed to execute child process "wsdd" (No such file or directory)
gvfsd-network: Couldn't create directory monitor on wsdd:///. Error: Automount failed: Failed to spawn the underlying wsdd daemon.
gvfsd-network: Couldn't create directory monitor on wsdd:///. Error: Automount failed: mountpoint for org.gtk.vfs.mountpoint_wsdd already running

I’d appreciate suggestions for where to look / what to check; Googlin’ didn’t get me far, and this forum has apparently not covered it.

Interestingly, it started connecting again just now, but allowing no traffic, then disconnecting again. This was without any changes to the system, just another reboot (multiple other reboots didn’t help). Note that the Pocket Reform is sitting in precisely the same spot it was sitting in when WiFi didn’t work. No changes in the environment that could have affected signal strength.

journalctl now, upon explicit attempt to connect:

wpa_supplicant: nl80211: kernel reports: Unsupported attribute
wpa_supplicant: nl80211: Set scan default IEs failed: ret=-22 (Invalid argument)
wpa_supplicant: wlan0: WPS-CANCEL
NetworkManager: <info> [...] device (wlan0): supplicant interface state: inactive -> disconnected
NetworkManager: <info> [...] device (p2p-dev-wlan0): supplicant interface state: inactive -> disconnected

dmesg output includes some “failed to load” messages for qcacld2: bdwlan30.b00, bdwlan30.bin, qsetup30.bin, and wlan_mac.bin.

The gvfs-wsdd messages aren’t likely related to the cause of the issue, but I believe just symptoms of not having network connectivity. gvfs-wsdd is used for finding windows (10+) devices on the network and listing their shared folders.

I’m not sure on the second logs you have though so many be someone else will be able to help there. Is there anything “odd” with your wifi network setup, like it being a peer-to-peer network (say sharing wifi from another laptop) or any odd security settings?

I think the missing firmware down there is related to bluetooth and not the wifi.

I assume you’re using the default IMX8MP processor board and with it the onboard wifi chip?

1 Like

Merci Chartreuse,

nothing changed about my WiFi setup - it could be that I accidentally installed some packages on the Pocket Reform that broke the config. I’ll check that.

Yes, my Pocket Reform is the standard model.

1 Like

I may be suffering from the thermal issues reported in another thread; WiFi works in principle, just not always. I’ll get a thermal pad for the WiFi chip.