Apt update and "grave bugs"

I’m up and running now on my Reform now and trying to bring up Bluetooth, when I ran across a problem I had earlier that is now a gating problem.

Attempting:

# apt install bluetooth rfkill blueman bluez bluez-tools pulseaudio-module-bluetooth

pulseaudio-module-bluetooth has unmet dependencies, so I thought first I would install all but… however I get a more fundamental error that leads me to ask hoiw I should go about upgrading in general.

Repeating the above minus pulseaudio-module-bluetooth I get:

Fetched 3,407 kB in 2s (2,052 kB/s) 
Retrieving bug reports... Done
Parsing Found/Fixed information... Done
grave bugs of bluez (5.69-1 → 5.71-1+b1) <Resolved in some Version>
 b1 - #1060795 - bluez: Troubles with bluetooth after upgrade from bookworm to testing (trixie): br-connection-unknown (Fixed: bluez/5.73-1)
Summary:
 bluez(1 bug)
Are you sure you want to install/upgrade the above packages? [Y/n/?/...] n

I get more ‘grave bug’ messages when I do apt upgrade.

I should be able to do the usual apt update, apt upgrade? Am I missing something?

(Tried to post apt update and upgrade output but odd results from the forum editor; 2nd try.)

Here’s my apt source:

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian unstable main non-free-firmware
deb [arch=arm63 trusted=yes] https://mntre.com/reform-debian-repo reform main

tail of result of apt upgrade

Fetched 10.5 MB in 14s (759 kB/s)                             
Retrieving bug reports... Done
Parsing Found/Fixed information... Done
serious bugs of libpam0g (1.5.2-7 → 1.5.3-7) <Outstanding>
 b1 - #1065425 - Does not upgrade from libpam0t64
serious bugs of libexpat1 (2.5.0-2 → 2.6.2-1) <Outstanding>
 b2 - #1064762 - Parsing of vtk files fails for files that worked previously (e.g. in bookworm)
Summary:
 libpam0g(1 bug), libexpat1(1 bug)
Are you sure you want to install/upgrade the above packages? [Y/n/?/...] n

It’s a consequence of being on debian unstable. You can probably wait some time, update, and try again. The bugs might be fixed by then (and others created, the joys of being on the bleeding edge).

Right now I’m running Debian off an SD card as I try to get NixOS running on the LS1028A and I’ve also been running into these messages. My workaround has been to just install whatever it is I’m trying to use with nix.

consequence of unstable

OH! lol, I’ve never used the unstable branch. OK cool, got it. That’s exactly what i needed to know. i can adjust. reminds me of 1992 or 1993, installing 386/BSD on a 486DX machine, compiling from floppies. Only easier to recover from.

I’ve moved my os/platform around as my world changed; i’m now ditching the pretty prison of macos and out of corporate solutions entirely. It’s been a while since i did this level of system work but it’s coming back to me quickly. (Breaking things at each step of course :- )

1 Like