Arch Linux support for MNT Pocket Reform

I have no idea about Arch but I’m maintaining the integration of the current patch set on top of the Debian linux kernel as well as the reform-system-image script and the reform-tools package. So I can tell you what is necessary to run Debian on the Reform which might help you to get Arch running on the reform.

@vimja got Gentoo running on the Reform and their experience might also be helpful: I packaged the kernel for Gentoo

@lord seems to be working on Arch support: Install Arch Linux ARM on MNT?

Essentially, to make a new distro boot on the reform you need to:

1. build a kernel with at least these config options enabled: linux/config · main · Reform / reform-debian-packages · GitLab
  2. have these patches applied: linux/patches · main · Reform / reform-debian-packages · GitLab
  3. use this device tree: linux/imx8mq-mnt-reform2.dts · main · Reform / reform-debian-packages · GitLab
  4. boot with these kernel arguments: no_console_suspend cma=512M pci=nomsi console=ttymxc0,115200 console=ttymxc0,115200 console=tty1
  5. load these modules in your initramfs: pwm_imx27, nwl-dsi, ti-sn65dsi86, imx-dcss, panel-edp, mux-mmio, mxsfb, usbhid, imx8mq-interconnect
  6. put the imx8m-ddrc and raid456 modules on a blocklist to prevent them from getting loaded
4 Likes