CMD failed after 10 retires

Plz help after update my pocket has trouble booting, keeps giving same error and eventually boots after 2.5 mins. Am super noob and need help, is there certain command line I can run to fix?

I think we need to know what error message you are getting to be able to tell you what is going on on your system.

Power supply BATO: driver failed to report ā€˜status’ property. Is the error that keeps going on for about 2 mins then it boots after.

This sounds like your system controller and keyboard firmwares might mismatch your kernel. If you’re on unstable and you’ve run an apt update recently, you might need to sudo fwupdmgr update.

See Important note about the new MNT Pocket Reform kernel and firmware updates 20260819 (updated) for more information.

Uefi esp partition not detected or configured. I guess I did the update wrong, I didn’t see the community notes and just did an update.

Can you flash a vanilla MNT system image to an sd-card, boot from that and use the system on sd-card to upgrade the sysctl and keyboard firmware?

I will try it, hope it works

Tried to update the fwupdmgr and it says missing destination file operant after ā€˜fwupdmgr’ What am I missing?

Can you copy and paste from the terminal exactly what you typed, from the prompt before your command to the prompt after the error? Use triple backticks (```) around the text.

Sudo install fwupdmgr

Sry I’m very new to Linux and I don’t have a lot of time to really dive into it until my days off work. But I’ve been trying things I’ve seen on this form to help fix it. I’m a little nervous about reflashing the system and losing all my data on the system. If I have to I guess I will.

No worries, your data is still safe. You really have to try hard to wipe your system and loose all your data. The situation with the firmware upgrade is indeed a very unfortunate one. It should not’ve happened like this because it breaks things for people who just want to use their device without having to go through the stress that you are currently facing. I’m sorry you find yourself in this situation right now. No worries, we can fix this!

You could use this to make a backup of all your data before proceeding. This will probably take a lot of stress off your shoulders to know that at least your data is safe.

The correct command would be ā€œsudo apt install fwupdā€ but the package should already be installed on the system on the SD-card, so you should not have to run that command.

Once you booted from sd-card, connect your system to the internet and make sure that your battery level is sufficiently high. Then in a terminal run these commands:

sudo fwupdmgr refresh
sudo fwupdmgr update

If something goes wrong, please send us precisely what you typed and what the error message is. Best is to copypaste from the terminal. Second-best option to do that is to take a photo.

Sorry for the mess. But we’ll get this solved. :slight_smile:

1 Like