Connecting in the distant future

Anticipating the eventual arrival of an MNT Pocket Reform device I am thinking out loud here regarding some connectivity issues.

My last two printers here in the United States were HPs. A male type B USB connector plugged into the printer and a male type A USB connector plugged into the computer.

A male type A will not work in the Pocket Reform. Luckily there are cables with male type Bs on one end and male type Cs on the other end. I am assuming they will work.

Also in existence are type A to type C adapters that should do the trick.

I am in possession of a Pine Phone docking bar. It has a type C male and female As. It may work too, but who knows.

Comments from people in possession of Pocket Reform prototypes would sure be welcome. Please share your experiences.

Sandspur
Lesser Wizard

I can’t really speak for the pocket reform specifically, but i do know quite a bit about USB – As long as mnt will stick to the standard (which i assume they will), all of the cables and adapters you describe should work – the only caveat is the ‘charge through’ feature of the pine docking bar. I’d be interested to see if it will actually charge the pocket reform – there’s a lot of alternate ways to implement usb charging, and they aren’t all compatible.