• Amiga model: A3K
  • 680x0 CPU: LC060
  • RAM Configuration: 256 ZZ9K, 16mb fast, 2 chip
  • Kickstart, AmigaOS Versions: 3.2.1
  • ZZ9000 Firmware version: 1.13
  • ZZ9000 Driver version: 1.13
  • Monitor model: sceptre generic LED TV 32 in, hdmi
  • Other Zorro cards: 0

Hi - so I redid the inside of my case to add 4 total fans, 2 noctuas (1 in PSU, 1 in card slot bay blowing on ZZ9K), 1 blower slot fan below the ZZ9K, and one 20mm fan blowing across the main bays in front (the small tunnel).
Updated to 1.13.
My cortex temps via zztop are now 46 deg C with case on, 37 deg C with case off, and used to be 56 deg C (!!) without the slot blower fan.
The card is obviously overheating. Ive tried many different resolutions/color depths and the system becomes unstable randomly.
help!

46-56 degrees is totally fine. if it was over 70 i would be worried. but i hope it is not a R-1 or R-2 version card without the voltage fix. see the screenshots at the bottom here: ZZ9000 Trace Cutting

AUX voltage in zztop must be 1.8V, not 3V. can you confirm that?

1 Like

**very thankful- ** that mine is REV3 and that the post included photos of zztop running- mine shows Aux voltage of 1.78, like his 1.79 AFTER the cutting of the trace, and core voltage of 0.99V. So my temps must be ok (now 39.7C)- not sure why the A3K freezes at higher temps, unless its related to the Amigastore.eu A3660 board that doesnt feel hot (which retrorewind.ca setup for me). Sigh, thanks again :slightly_smiling_face:

1. ^ top of ZZ900 flir image, fpga is up to low 90’s F (ZZtop reads 41 deg C with case open)

^sideview of A3660 opposite bay on motherboard, doesn’t go past upper 80’s (these flir images were all with case cover off)