Glitchy flickerfixer, sync issues

• Amiga model: A4000
  • 680x0 CPU: 68060 MMU FPU on a A3040/3060 card
  • RAM Configuration: BigRam+ Z3 RAM, 16MB MB RAM
  • Kickstart, AmigaOS Versions: 3.2.2 KS, 3.2.2.1 OS, clean install.
  • ZZ9000 Firmware version: 1.13
  • ZZ9000 Driver version: 1.13
  • Monitor model: some LG 4k
  • Other Zorro cards: BigRam+ Z3, X-Surf-100, reA4091.

I’ve made a video to demonstrate the issues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K46bmlgNUas

Basically a power off fresh boot and everything is fine, after starting the RTG mode flickerfixing gets glitchy and unreliable.

I’ve noted some demos also have a black screen as some demos flip between modes quickly, or just whatever overscan sillyness they’re doing trips it up.

Hi, thank you very much for the detailled video. So far I would say it is a rather unusual issue. My hunch is that it could be EMI interference being picked up by the scandoubler cable, and those glitchy lines are when the HSYNC signal is slightly disturbed in those lines. I can give some recommendations for flat cable chokes (ferrites) but first maybe I could ask you to do some experiments of pulling/twisting the cable a bit just to see if that changes those glitches in any way. You could also substitute a longer IDE cable for example.

I’ve tried, I don’t think its interference because like I said, I can make it do it by just turning on the RTG mode.

So maybe its … interfering with itself?

I’ve tried removing all other hardware, I’ve moved the card to another slot, etc. I’ve wiggled the cable. I’m at a loss.

OK, maybe there’s just something up with your specific card. I’m sorry for all this trouble. If you write a quick note referencing this thread to support@mntre.com we’ll get your card shipped back to us and can send you a different one.