Guix and Reform

The package manager can also be installed with “apt install guix” from a Debian-based system.

I would love to see a Reform (maybe the next?) with the option to have a preconfigured GNU/guix image!

I’ve started work on a channel for Guix support on the MNT Reform, by way of Nonguix, over at lykso/mnt-reform-nonguix - Codeberg.org

I’m still new to Guile Scheme and Guix, so the code’s bound to be a bit rough, but you can use it to build a booting SD card image for the IMX8MQ module as of now. I plan on adding support for the other modules next, starting with the A311D.

6 Likes

having the a311d supported would be fantastic

1 Like

I would like to have the rk3588 as well

2 Likes

Heroic effort! No idea how you figured out how to wrap up all the kernel stuff, but I’m thankful. Can’t wait to try it out this weekend

1 Like

@crypt I just got an SD card booting with it on the A311D this afternoon. It’s not daily driver ready, but I think the hard part is done. I’ll be adding LS1028 support next and then working on supporting NVMe installs and improving the experience overall across all the modules.

@Deedend I’ll be adding RK3588 support as soon as I receive mine!

@darth-cheney Thanks! Though what I’ve got going can at best be called “Nonguix,” as I made no effort to route around or wrap, e.g., the DDR4 training blobs for the iMX8MQ. I also took the kernel config file from the Nix kernel I’ve been running, trimmed it down in Linux’s menuconfig a bit, and just used that directly. So there’s about zero chance of this ever getting merged into Guix. Maybe nonguix someday. I think I’d still be stuck if I’d kept trying to figure out something that could be easily merged, TBH.

1 Like

cool I will have a play with it in the next week or so

1 Like