How to access high colour resolutions

I have the Denise adapter installed and scandoubler works perfect, however I’m not able to access the 24/32 bit resolutions with P96.

• Amiga model: A2000
  • 680x0 CPU: 68030@50mhz
  • RAM Configuration: 64mb + 1mb chip
  • Kickstart, AmigaOS Versions: 3.2.1 clean install
  • ZZ9000 Firmware version: 1.12.1 A500 2mb card size
  • ZZ9000 Driver version: 1.12
  • Monitor model: Any
  • Other Zorro cards: none while testing

Hi, this works only with the 4MB (or more) version of the firmware, which I yet have to release for A500 for this version. Probably beginning of next week! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you. I’ll be waiting for it :slightly_smiling_face:

Will it be located here: Releases · Amiga / zz9000-firmware · GitLab
Or somewhere else?

@minute still no firmware for 4mb card size? any news?

@minute can you please point to the missing firmware file (A500 4mb card size)? I can’t find it on the usual location.

@minute more than a week has passed now - is there any chance of seeing the firmware any time this year?
I don’t understand why it was omitted in the first place.
I would have loved to use the video slot adapter but it doesn’t work in my A2000 and nobody came up with a solution. I had to buy the Denise adapter (which took almost three weeks to ship) and now I’m forced to use the crippled A500 firmware… it would be nice to try out resolutions above 800x600

Sorry for the delay. I’m overloaded with work at the moment. The firmware will come ASAP.

@minute any news? Would be nice to see if rtg works on the card I’ve had now a few months…

@minute happy new year :partying_face: A month has passed since you said the firmware would be available in a few days. Without the firmware, the zz9000 is just a piece of expensive logic and scrap metal.
Will we see something usable this year?
I ordered and paid for the board, back in May 2022. I appreciate that it has been a long wait for the finished board due to the global chip shortage and I’m not blaming anyone for that. But building the firmware??? How can it take so long?

Happy new year indeed!

I’m sorry, but there must be some misunderstanding. There are 12 released versions of the firmware, starting years ago. Why don’t you use version 1.11 for example, for which there are 4MB A500 and Z2 versions? ZZ9000 Firmware and Drivers 1.11 · Amiga / zz9000-firmware · GitLab

And to explain the delay, I’ve been working on version 1.13 and it’s almost complete, and will release all imaginable permutations of it very very soon.

@minute ok, my bad. I thought that only 1.12 had support for the black ZYNQ module and since I couldn’t get 1.11 to work I concluded that 1.12 was the one to use.
When using the Zorro II firmware (1.12) all the RTG modes work very well but then the scan doubler doesn’t. Therefore I had to get the Denise adapter and hence the A500 firmware…
I know, it’s a mess.

Here’s a beta of 1.13 for A500+/4MB: http://dump.mntmn.com/zz9000-firmware-1_13b1-a500plus-4mb.zip