Is there, or can there be a dark mode?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, or if it’s been addressed, but I can’t find a way to change this website’s theme to a dark mode. My old programmer eyes aren’t accustomed to bright light!

Perhaps you could use the “dark reader” browser plugin?

Hmm… I generally don’t install extensions, especially those that “Access your data for all websites” (even if they’re open source - there are still risks)… but I guess I’ll to make an exception for it here for now. Thanks for the suggestion…

As posted in the other thread, now you can select “mntre-dark-beta” in your Preferences → Interface → Color Scheme.

4 Likes

Very nice. Thank you :purple_heart:

1 Like

I signed up for the forum, finally!

Some feedback - Looks like we may want a inverted header logo for dark mode :smiley:

Interestingly, the logo was automatically inverted for me in Firefox, but not on Mobile Safari. I’m actually puzzled how the logo was inverted technically.

Edit: the puzzle was solved. When I initially set up this Discourse, I had already uploaded an inverted logo for “dark” mode under “Branding” but had totally forgotten about that detail. But I hadn’t done that for the “mobile” and “small” dark versions, which is now corrected.

1 Like

I see it now! Awesome turnaround and thanks.

Thanks very much for sorting this! It’s much better!