MNT Pocket Reform Essentials

After having mine for a couple of days, here are my personal essentials so far. Maybe this info will help someone else as well:

• Installed an NVMe: Kingston NV2 1TB M.2 2280 (There was no screw provided to install the NVMe, so I had to use one I found in my junk drawer).

• Switched over to the NVMe by running /sbin/reform-setup-encrypted-nvme, which then runs reform-migrate. (Keep in mind though that currently you will only see a blank screen on boot, where you need to wait a moment and then type your decrypt password and press enter before the boot proceeds: Error creating Encrypted SSD / Migrating - #42 by minute )

• To me, the default resolution scale in sway/wayfire was much too large, so I changed mine to this:
    ~/.config/wayfire.ini
    [output:DSI-1]
    scale = 1.500000

• There are no “feet” on the bottom of the unit which made me cringe every time I set it down on something, so I put some stick-on rubber feet on the bottom of the case.

• For charging, I have been using the PD output of my PinePower Desktop and it has been working with no issues. I can highly recommend the PinePower in general, they seem to charge everything whether you need PD, QC, or even Qi wireless; and the display on them is handy as well. PinePower Desktop - PINE64

2 Likes