MNT Pocket Reform System Controller Firmware Update 2024-08-26

Here’s the first official firmware update for Pocket Reform’s system controller:

• makes USB-C PD system compatible with more chargers (decreased initial delay from 5sec to 1sec)
  • (contributed by Alex Maestas) keep power on during warm boot, so that next time firmware flashing won’t hard reset the Pocket Reform
  • improved idle power consumption
  • also, it fixes battery percentage in newer versions of waybar (before this update, it is stuck at 100%)
13 Likes

Thank you, applied it to mine.

Previously, when Pocket was shut down, it consumed more or less one percent of battery each hour. If I understood it correctly, with this upgrade this consumption should decrease right?

It is great now remaining battery shows :smiley: , thank you!

2 Likes

Just installed here. I am using the upower option in waybar rather than battery at the moment (since that had been a workaround for the %age issue) and it is now showing time remaining, thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks Lucas, works a treat!

Btw, folks might need to run apt install unzip first (my default OS didn’t have ‘unzip’ installed)

5 Likes

oh, nice spot. I mentioned that I’d chosen to install unzip (along with various other tools) in my recent blog post, but this is a great catch.

I’m collecting possible additions to the default installations here:

But following up runs directly contrary to this:

3 Likes

Works for me, thanks much!

2 Likes

Worked on the device I just received yesterday. Thank you!

1 Like

For clarity can someone confirm what version is shown under ‘System Status’ on the controller OLED after a successful update? I know the pre-release version was PREF1SYSR120240716; my Pocket is currently showing PREF1SYSR120240730.

I believe the update was successfully applied but the release date/title gives me pause - next time I’ll note down the existing version to avoid confusion!

PREF1SYSR120240730 is correct for the new version.

4 Likes