Noob Question: Reflash SD

Pretty much the title. I had my kernel get corrupted a month after I got my reform and I have been trying in my free time, when I have it, to reflash the SD with the mnt reform image. I haven’t been able to crack it sadly.
when I try to use the imager from the gitlab I get this
"+ set -e

• DEPS=mmdebstrap genext2fs e2fsprogs binfmt-support git mount arch-test qemu-user-static parted
  • dpkg-query --showformat ${db:Status-Status}\n --show mmdebstrap genext2fs e2fsprogs binfmt-support git mount arch-test qemu-user-static parted
  • sort -u
    dpkg-query: no packages found matching mmdebstrap
  • [ installed != installed ]
  • dpkg-query --showformat=${Version}\n --show mmdebstrap
    dpkg-query: no packages found matching mmdebstrap
  • dpkg --compare-versions lt 0.8.4-1
  • echo mmdebstrap version must be >= 0.8.4-1
    mmdebstrap version must be >= 0.8.4-1
  • exit 1"

it looks like there isn’t a mmdebstrap version that new in the mint repo’s. So I’m a bit stuck at the moment.
Thanks for the help and patience.

I’ve been using balenaEtcher to flash the system image to SD cards. It’s open-source, easy to use, and available on Linux, Windows and Mac (so it’s easy to flash from whatever your other machine is).

1 Like

If you need a recent ready-built v3 system image, you can download it from here: reform2-imx8mq · Artifacts · build (#868) · Jobs · Reform / reform-system-image · GitLab

Once booting into that, you can build the image yourself from source on the Reform :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you doctorhoo and Keith_K! You guys helped out a lot!