Noob Question: Reflash SD

Pretty much the title. I had my kernel get corrupted a month after I got my reform and I have been trying in my free time, when I have it, to reflash the SD with the mnt reform image. I haven’t been able to crack it sadly.
when I try to use the imager from the gitlab I get this
"+ set -e

• DEPS=mmdebstrap genext2fs e2fsprogs binfmt-support git mount arch-test qemu-user-static parted
  • dpkg-query --showformat ${db:Status-Status}\n --show mmdebstrap genext2fs e2fsprogs binfmt-support git mount arch-test qemu-user-static parted
  • sort -u
    dpkg-query: no packages found matching mmdebstrap
  • [ installed != installed ]
  • dpkg-query --showformat=${Version}\n --show mmdebstrap
    dpkg-query: no packages found matching mmdebstrap
  • dpkg --compare-versions lt 0.8.4-1
  • echo mmdebstrap version must be >= 0.8.4-1
    mmdebstrap version must be >= 0.8.4-1
  • exit 1"

it looks like there isn’t a mmdebstrap version that new in the mint repo’s. So I’m a bit stuck at the moment.
Thanks for the help and patience.

I’ve been using balenaEtcher to flash the system image to SD cards. It’s open-source, easy to use, and available on Linux, Windows and Mac (so it’s easy to flash from whatever your other machine is).

1 Like

If you need a recent ready-built v3 system image, you can download it from here: reform2-imx8mq · Artifacts · build (#868) · Jobs · Reform / reform-system-image · GitLab

Once booting into that, you can build the image yourself from source on the Reform :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you doctorhoo and Keith_K! You guys helped out a lot!

The original post from August 30 seemed the most recent, but my clicking on the link got me an HTTP 404. Is there another location you know of? I’m unable to find… that description… using Google, and am unsure where to go.

Thank you in advance!!

Ehud Gavron
Tucson, Arizona, US

Job artifacts from gitlab CI expire after a while. This link will always get you to the most recent successful build: