Options for the non-RTG scaling screen mode

Hi.

I am using ZZ9000 (with ZZ9000ax) in my A4000D. Everything is working fine. Thanks for developing very nice stuff!

I am using a CRT monitor, via HDMI->VGA converter.

The image quality is great, but the refresh rate is a bit too low for this monitor. It’s one of the later trinitron ones (Philips 202p4 from around 2003), and the optimal resolution in the specs is 1600 x 1200 @ 85 Hz.

Would a 75 Hz refresh rate for be doable / within spec of the hardware and software solution for AGA non-RTG scaling on ZZ9000?

It would need to hold the frame buffer over, to make the stride of source frames to destination frames like 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7, …

Are there any plans to provide more modes for non-RTG scaling, such as other refresh rates?

I can also imagine users of HDMI digital displays would benefit from more mode options for the scaling, as most digital displays have only one native resolution, and every other resolution is a blur, and there is a delay/glitch when changing modes.

If you could use the same native mode for scaling and RTG, it could switch between them seamlessly, and avoid any blurry modes that the monitor has to scale up internally.

Thanks and regards,
John