Parts needed to finish DIY kit?

Hello - is there a list anywhere of what parts one will need to source to finish building the Reform from the CrowdSupply DIY kit. I’m imagining it’s at least some of the following?

• Wifi card
  • NVME drive / SD card
  • 18650 battery cells (?)
  • Power supply (?)

Answering my own question - I missed that the contents of the DIY kit were listed about 3/4ths of the way down the Crowd Supply page. The SD card, 18650 cells and power supply are included.

3 Likes

Might also be worth noting that the assembled kits will come with a 256 GB NVMe SSD Samsung EVO, so it would be a safe option to get for us DIYers

Hi, just FYI the SSD is not a Samsung EVO, as I have found at least the 970 EVO Plus does not work. It might draw too much power, but the real reason is unknown. IIRC it also doesn’t work in the Pinebook Pro.

We ship Transcend MTE220S (1TB) and MTE110S (256/512GB) NVMe SSDs which work well in MNT Reform.

And yes, power supply and batteries are included with the DIY kit, as well as a 32GB MicroSD card with full size adapter. The Wi-Fi card (Compex WLE200NX) is an optional add-on.

1 Like

Thanks for giving the brand of the WIFI card. I see it has an Atheros AR9280 chip, for which there is quite a range of models available.

IRT some SSDs not operating:

I’ve been working with a few boards, including the Solidrun Honeycomb, in the Solidrun Discord forums they speculate that some of these SSDs have x86 option ROMs that may be conflicting.

I just received my diy kit and am very happy with it. The build quality is great.
Now I bought ssd and wifi card myself, which antenna do I need to get? Can someone point me to some models that work?
Many thanks

Hi, thanks for the feedback! Here’s the recommended WiFi antennas so far:

• Molex 208482-0100
  • Laird EFD2455A3S-10MHF1 (I personally use this one)

Do you want to share which SSD and WiFi card you got and if they’re compatible?

Thanks for the info.
I habe bought the wifi card and 1tb ssd you recommended in thos thread, just to have a working system.
I might try different brands when I have gotten used to the system :+1:

1 Like

Any recommendation where to buy the wifi card in Europe? Seems to be out of stuck (no clear date of restock) on Amazon

Are you looking to buy specific card (WLE200NX) or just any mpcie card known to be working in linux? I have a stock of cards from older laptops (demolished by kids) so planning to use one of those (once DYI appears in store). But take a look here.

1 Like

Nothing specific, ideally something that is mostlikely to work. Once I’ve gotten some experience with this I might consider switching but for now I’d just want to see it working successfuly.

Thanks for the link!