Plan 9 / 9Front on Pocket Reform?

Hello! I recently ordered a MNT Pocket Reform, and was wondering if any of those with prototypes had attempted to boot Plan 9 / 9Front on it, and if so, what results that yielded. I know that 9Front has an image built specifically for the MNT Reform, but assume that there may be some differences between this and the Reform Pocket.

Further, I’m not sure to what extent the WWAN modems will work with 9front, though this is likely more of a question of compatibility on 9front’s end. Still, if any of those who have prototype pocket reforms have information on how well / whether that works, it would be very good to know!

Big reform use i.MX8MQ and pocket reform use i.MX8MQ Plus, so my answer would be “it might work”.

You might need to do your own research about the difference between this two board.

Some information you could find here: hardware - mnt

Not to get your hopes up but I believe someone from SDF has ordered a Pocket Reform :thinking:

The Register (UK computing news website) covered the latest release earlier this month. The author seems impressed with the rate of progress made by 9Front.

It does look like the latest release has a focus on ARM64 compatibility and some networking changes, plus I2C (which was recently added to the Pocket Reform); I have to wonder if it’s their way of getting ready for the release ahead of time? But like bnys mentioned, I don’t want to get hopes up.

Those changes aren’t related in any way to Pocket Reform.
None of 9front dev team members has (or ordered) a Pocket Reform either.