Recoverable Alert v2

If you want to ask a technical support question, please include the following details. If not, you can delete all of this text.

• Amiga model: Amiga 4000D
  • 680x0 CPU: 68060 FULL
  • RAM Configuration: 2mb CHIP/128mb on Apollo 4060 CPU Card
  • Kickstart, AmigaOS Versions: 3.2.1 for both
  • ZZ9000 Firmware version: 1.12.1
  • ZZ9000 Driver version: 1.12.1
  • Monitor model: BenQ
  • Other Zorro cards: X-Surf-100 (has been removed with same behaviour)

So when the new behaviour that didn’t exist in the previous firmwares, and now you must reboot once or twic eto get all the memory, it did allow me to determine that when the memory from the ZZ9000 is active, that’s when i get lcokups. On advice from Lukas, i now use the Z3 no fast ram firmware, and everything is mostly peachy.
I had noticed recently though that when turning on from a cold start, i would get a yellow recoverable alert. OK, you left, it moves on, but i never used to see this (I don’t think its the no ram version of the firmware, but closer to the behaviour of the 1.12.1… but anyways, in order to determine what the reoverable alert means since it is just a jumble of numbers and letter, i discovered some software called “NewAlertHook” that removes the numbers and tells you the actual system that is causing the issue with GURUS and recoverable alerts, low and behold…

This is what i get when turning on my machine cold, remmebering that the RTG will not activate either, so when i do a reset, i get no error and the RTG works, but this is still annoying for behaviour we never used to have to deal with, it turned on first time, no reboots and no errors.

Here’s the error typed out exactly.
Recoverable Alert. Press left mouse button to continue.
Exec.library: Memory header not located
Error: 0100 000F Command: 08256F8 (ZZ9000)

I did manage a Guru ONCE too that reported
Software Failure. Press left mouse button to continue.
exec.library: corrupted memory list
Error: 0100 0005 Command: 08256610 (ZZ9000)

I hope this can help clean up something here.
P.S. I HIGHLY reccomend this NewHookAlert software, it is fantastic to dephering Gurus and Recoverable Alerts… I found it here in the 3rd reply down - Recoverable alert at boot, please help! - English Amiga Board

Ivan

2 Likes