So I am a super happy ZZ9000 user. Best. RTG. Card. Evar!
I am building a new A2000 rig and this will have a PC/ATX PSU which means it is missing the necessary tick signal. For this, the usual approach is to switch J300 on the motherboard to “Angus Generated Tick”. This works for my RPI base scandoubler but not for the ZZ9000. What I see is a picture which scrolls rapidly. I have the impression that it is showa 50Hz screen to 60Hz without taking into account the difference in frequency. I have made a video of this to show what I mean:
I have two rev 6 Amiga 2000 motherboards and the effect is the same on both. If I connect an original A2000 PSU and use the tick generated from the PSU, it works correctly.
Is there something I forgot to set or something I could be doing wrong?
- Amiga model: A2000
- 680x0 CPU: 68080/68000
- RAM Configuration: 1 Mb CHIP/128Mb Fast
- Kickstart, AmigaOS Versions: OS3.1
- ZZ9000 Firmware version: 1.8
- ZZ9000 Driver version: N/A (problem observable in early boot menu)
- Monitor model: Various Samsung monitors
- Other Zorro cards: None