Standby - Suspend to RAM (MNT Reform)

Thanks to that bug I realized that your u-boot-menu version is higher than mine and thus I didn’t see what problem the etc scripts could possibly invoke as in my version (bookworm) they only contain the snippet i posted above. Your version introduced a bunch more stuff. I left a comment in that bug with a link to the MR which hopefully fixes this. Thanks!

I don’t think it’s the nvme drive. I tested four different drives from four different vendors (see the other threat) including the trancend drive that comes with the reform and they all exhibited the exact same behaviour. I even upgraded my mainboard from 2.0 to 2.5 and still the same. I don’t think it’s the nvme drive or the mainboard. It is likely the imx8mq som itself.

1 Like

Just weird how it is not consistent across imx8’s.

My first imx8mq had one broken serial pin. From the start it didn’t work and is just broken. So i sent it back and got another working imx8mq from MNT. When manufacturing these boards, they are never 100% identical and sometimes little changes make the board buggy. That’s why MNT tests the hardware they receive from the factory before shipping them to customers because it is not a given that all boards they receive work fine.

Another example: for LS1028A there was a problem that made some of them (mine works for example) not boot. See here for details:

This affected only some of the boards MNT received due to differences in manufacturing. It is not unlikely a similar problem with suspend on imx8mq.

3 Likes

I agree - this week I received A311D and it was able to recognize Samsung 970 Pro, which was not seen by iMX8.
Would it suggest than entire thread

does not make much sense now? :frowning: in such a case.