USB drive issues on A4000

• Amiga model: 4000D
  • 680x0 CPU: 68060
  • RAM Configuration: 16, 256, 2 MB chip → see details photo
  • Kickstart, AmigaOS Versions:47.7 47.2 (AmigaOS 3.2)
  • ZZ9000 Firmware version: 1.13
  • ZZ9000 Driver version: 1.13
  • Monitor model: Asus
  • Other Zorro cards:no

Hello,
I just started to use my A4000 again after a while. So sorry if I’m a bit rusty on some of this. Last time that I used my system I had the ZZ 1.8 firmware running. I updated it to 1.13 just a few days ago.
The system runs generally quite stable. But now I wanted to start using the USB drive in the ZZ9000 usb port. After a day of try and error, where I mostly did error, I’ve now gotten the USB drive to work. But it’s extremely unstable. It goes to Guru mediation at random when reading from any mounted disk. At times it runs long enough to copy a few games from my emulator installation on to the real A4000.
However I’m not really sure on where to start debugging. If I can at all. Below are some screenshots with further information on my installation. I would really like to use this feature so I’m also willing to help with debugging if possible.

When mounting the drives with “mountdos zzusb.device fat95 mount” I get below warning about the flag table:
WARNING: Invalid table flag $B59B

Here’s some details about my installation.

and a test from SysInfo:

Here’s some more info from SysInfo:

I’ve actually only gotten it to work with one 16 GB usb stick that is partitioned with 3 x 3GB partitions using FAT32.
Other sticks even a 4GB one fails with mountdos with an error :
Device IO-Error $1E.

Kind Regards,
Gerhard

was it really necessary to add the zzusb.device to the ZZ9000 rom ? I can build the zzusb.device but not the rtg stuff. So now I’m not sure on how to test the newly compiled device driver…
will "mountdos system:devs/zzusb.device fat95 mount use the device driver that I copied there ?

What if you named the output file “zzusb_hasjime.device”? Wouldn’t that work?

Thank you for your input. I’m not sure to be honest. Mountdos does not have a too extensive documentation. So I’m not sure if it takes the local a local file but I can try. Currently trying to get the debug out put to write somewhere. In the meantime I tried older versions of the drivers and the firmware all with similar results. Also no different behavior with the “no boot” firmware.

I did get some more info out of the system: