If you want to ask a technical support question, please include the following details. If not, you can delete all of this text.
- Amiga model: 4000
- 680x0 CPU: 68040 (A3640 processor card, not overclocked)
- RAM Configuration: 64Mb (64Mb mod)
- Kickstart, AmigaOS Versions: 3.1.4, 3.2 or 3.2.1
- ZZ9000 Firmware version: 1.9.1
- ZZ9000 Driver version:
- Monitor model:
- Other Zorro cards: BigRam+ 256Mb, CD-ROM (Z2) controller
I’m currently investigating an issue which one of my customers is having with his Amiga 4000, ZZ9000 and Bigram+ 256Mb.
There is no issue with Kickstart 3.x. Both cards work and the Amiga boots fine.
However, when using Kickstart 3.1.4, 3.2 or 3.2.1, I get a yellow flashing screen (looks like a boot loop) with both cards installed.
If I remove either the Bigram+ or the ZZ9000 then there is no issue. It will display the KS 3.1.4/3.2.x kickstart screen of boot to Workbench if a CF is installed.
What we tried:
- we tried ZZ9000 FW 1.8, 1.9 and 1.9.1 (in all flavours)
- Bigram+ moved to different Zorro slots, no change
- a different SD card (ZZ9000)
So far no luck. The mainboard was recapped, it had battery damage but that has been repaired before the ZZ9000 was purchased. It has a socketed Buster 11.