ZZ9000AX + AHI Config?

If you want to ask a technical support question, please include the following details. If not, you can delete all of this text.

• Amiga model:4000D
  • 680x0 CPU:68040
  • RAM Configuration: 16MB + 256MB
  • Kickstart, AmigaOS Versions:3.2.1
  • ZZ9000 Firmware version:1.13
  • ZZ9000 Driver version:
  • Monitor model:
  • Other Zorro cards:None

I cannot seem to get AHI to see my inputs. When I go into the configuration utility, every one of the drop down menus and inputs as none. See attached picture.
I have checked the jumpers on the AX and all my connections. What am I missing? Do I need to edit a config file someplace?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Anyone have a quick guide to setting up AHI?
Unknown

I would be interested in this as well. While I think I’ve set up everything right, I’d appreciate if someone can put up a guide how to set up AHI w/ZZ9000AX. Thanks!

Seems not too many responses to this request, but, this blog is pretty comprehensive and the dude shares a lot of info about his ZZ9000 + AH install and setup.

I would be interested if someone ran into this problem and solved it. My specs are:

• Amiga model:4000D
  • 680x0 CPU:68060
  • RAM Configuration: 16MB + 128MB
  • Kickstart, AmigaOS Versions:3.2.2.1
  • ZZ9000 Firmware version:1.13
  • ZZ9000 Driver version: 1.13
  • Monitor model:
  • Other Zorro Cards:
  • AmigaAMP3 version: 3.4
  • AHI version: 4.18

In my case the ZZ9000ax shows up in AHI. I have tried various combinations. since there is NO guides or help aside from what I can dig out of the internet, I putt ZZ9000ax in the music unit and/or unit 0 and/or unit 1. I’ve tried putting ZZ in all the slots. Any combination that has the ZZ involved results in a screen freeze.

If I select MHI as the decode engine for mp3, it results in a screen freeze.

Using Axmp3 results in a screen freeze.

Without zz9000ax and deselecting MHI results in music playing. So I know AmigaAMP3 is capable of playing. Just not with zz9000ax.

I’m actually shocked at the lack of any information on this. But there it is. I am hoping it wasn’t money wasted buying the ZZ9000ax, I really do.

I have fixed my problem partly by switching the Int jumper from 6 to 2. AmigaAmp3 plays beautifully. Axmp3 doesn’t actually play an mp3. I can see it say streaming and a bunch of numbers roll out in the cli but no sound. Maybe that’s intended. I don’t know. However I can use AHI now and MHI. Decoding with MHI is MUCH faster. I can see the CPU utilization way down from software decoding.

Having the Jumper at 2 according the ZZ9000 information, means I can’t use the ethernet port. This annoys me of course because I may want to use it in future and I think it is pretty crappy that I have to choose one or the other.

I don’t know why I am posting this here as an actual answer is as common as getting struck by lightning, but I thought it might help someone that was struggling to find any concrete information on the ZZ9000AX. My assessment of both the ZZ9000 and the AX is, great products that could use some sort of manual to allow someone that maybe wasn’t born with a soldering iron in their hand and has a degree in electronic engineering, have a decent shot at getting them up and working. But that is just me.

1 Like

Come to EAB and post there, that’s an active forum and I’m sure a lot of pplf with ZZ cards

Hi, you can totally use INT2 with ethernet. The driver respects the same ZZ9K_INT2 Env variable.