ZZ9000ax causing reboot loop at start

If you want to ask a technical support question, please include the following details. If not, you can delete all of this text.

• Amiga model: A3000D
  • 680x0 CPU: BFG9060 with 68060 at 50MHz
  • RAM Configuration: 128 + 8
  • Kickstart, AmigaOS Versions: 3.2.1 ROMs and Workbench
  • ZZ9000 Firmware version: 1.11
  • ZZ9000 Driver version: 1.11
  • Monitor model:
  • Other Zorro cards: none

Hi all… my ZZ9000 works just fine in my 3000D with BFG9060. It is a clean/new install of 3.2.1 with ROMs.

Roadshow + ZZ9000 : works
Picasso drivers + HDMI output : works
128MB Zorro3 memory : works

As soon as I connect the two cables that connect the AX to the ZZ9000 board the machine starts reboot-looping. Flashing power LED and reboot, continuously. I cannot get into the boot menu by holding the mouse buttons which leads me to believe it is crashing during autoconfig or something like that.

Any ideas what I’m missing?

Hi,
Have you tried starting without startup-sequence?

Ok I’ve managed to fix it!

As the machine was stuck in a reboot loop and I could not get to the boot menu etc. the only option was to take it apart. Which is what I did. Took it completely apart and rebuilt the Amiga. Daughterboard, etc.

Afterwards I compared the photo’s of how I had connected the AX module and I really cannot see the difference, but it does work now.

So for anyone hitting this thread at any point in time, just disassemble and start again, the most likely explanation is that you actually did connect a wire the wrong way but cannot see it.

1 Like