• Amiga model: A2000
  • 680x0 CPU: 68030
  • RAM Configuration: 128MB
  • Kickstart, AmigaOS Versions: 3.2
  • ZZ9000 Firmware version: 1.12
  • ZZ9000 Driver version: 1.12
  • Monitor model: 1200x1078
  • Other Zorro cards: BuddhaIDE

So I have via clockport another Soundcard in my Amiga. And I have a DVD-ROM, used as an occasional player for Audio CDs. No need for high quality.

So far, I had my Soundcard connected to the internal input besides the Paula in of my ZZ9000AX. The DVD was connected to the input of the Soundcard
β†’ Works fine.

What I tried today was using a passive mixer to have soundcard /and/ DVD at the internal input. The reason is I would like to use some CDTV emulator that would play sound directly from DVD plus paula, but not initiate the soundcard.

However, when both soundcard and DVD are attached to the internal input, both are silent. Unless I remove the internal audio cable from the ZZ9000 to the ZZ9000AX. the the moixer works as intended.

This happens in all combinations.

Is there anything I can do?

Cheers,
McT

Sorry, not sure if I can wrap my hand around this setup. Maybe you can draw up a schematic? Have you tried using a multimeter or scope to debug what happens?

Hi,

I asked my friend for a basic schematic.

I do have a Multimeter, but what and where and how should I measure what??

By the way, here is a schematic:

Cheers,
McT

I solved it with a switch.

I.e. from the DVD there goes a y-cable to a switch and to the soundcard (Melody) CD-in.

Also, the Melody goes to the switch.

So in normal situation I use the soundcard and the CD-in. Paula, soundcard and CD-in work.

In situations where I can’t use the soundcard (CDTV emulation), I switch to the DVD.