Buying LifePO4 batteries in Canada?

I finally got my motherboard back from repair (thank you @minute and team!). But sadly when I was installing it and checked the batteries, six batteries were drained and dead. :sob:

They have been sitting in the battery boards unplugged since September, they were fully charged. Can a damage battery drain healthy ones if they are in the same battery board, but not plugged in? I did mix original batteries and the new ones I bought and it looks like that’s a big no no.

To the main question of this thread. I now need to source new batteries, again (my wallet does not like this laptop :sweat_smile:). Since I live in Canada this turns out to be quite tricky.

Buying from the US is quite expensive, e.g. bulkbattery.com: 18 USD for 8 batteries and 45 USD shipping. 18650batterystore.com: 39.92 USD for 8 batteries and 19.18 USD in shipping. Then you have tax, import fees, shipping and handling fees, all that fun stuff.

I checked nkon.nl but they don’t ship to Canada. :frowning_face:

The place I bought from last time on Aliexpress, the prices has gone up. ~50 CAD for 10 batteries (I paid ~25 CAD for 6 batteries last time) but the estimate delivery is February…

Does anyone know a good store for buying batteries with world wide shipping? That has reasonable shipping prices and delivery time.

Thanks!

Reminds me of this thread: Source for Eremit 18650 batteries

Maybe @minute can resell the eremit batteries at shop.mntmn.com? Since you already have one set of dead batteries, you are probably also interested in the protected battery board: MNT Reform Battery Board (protected) - MNT Research Shop

If you could also by the cells from mntmn.com, then you could buy a set of cells and the upgraded board together. :slight_smile:

Completely missed that thread, thanks for pointing that out. I ordered 8 batteries from the Aliexpress store mentioned in that thread. Shipping time is still slow but at least the prices was ok.

Since you already have one set of dead batteries, you are probably also interested in the protected battery board: MNT Reform Battery Board (protected) - MNT Research Shop

The folks at mntmn.com was really kind and allowed me to order a protected Battery Board (and Steel port covers) and have them shipped with my repaired motherboard to cut down on shipping cost. I have them installed in my laptop right now (without batteries though). So hopefully my new batteries will live a long and healthy life.