Possible to have keyboard layers? Keyboard firmware?

Hi all!

I’m considering buying the mnt pocket reform. My main keyboard has “layers” (Dygma Defy if you’re curious) and I can customise it quite a lot

• Is this available too on the pocket reform?
  • If not I’d have to somehow swap keyboard firmware? Is that possible any documentation about which are compatible etc?

Thank you so much for your help

1 Like

From what I have been able to find, it should be possible. I believe QMK configurator will or can be made to be able to update the configuration for the pocket.

1 Like
2 Likes

@Savasten have you already received your pocket reform (i’m still waiting for mine) if yes have you tried to install qmk?

it’s unclear to me if attempting to do so might break things (ie some keys might not work during boot phase for example)

for more context I have a fully prebuilt dygma defy with layers, but have never actually installed qmk (i’m a software engineer but haven’t really tinkered with very low-level/OS stuff for ages)

I have not received mine yet Maybe the first week of July. :crossed_fingers:

i’m probably going to consider “software-level” solutions like GitHub - kmonad/kmonad: An advanced keyboard manager or GitHub - jtroo/kanata: Improve keyboard comfort and usability with advanced customization instead

sounds like messing up the firmware (however fun!) might be more complicated. As the keyboard is literally tied to the machine that’ll be good enough

1 Like

I recommend kanata, amazing software.

1 Like