Where is my computer?

Yeah, I too have moved states in the meantime and got a statement from them saying I owed “tax” and had a limited amount of time to pay. My questions about how purchasing the item in one state (effectively paying all taxes due at the time of purchase) but moving 1.5 years later, and owing more tax because they haven’t given me the item yet, have gone unanswered from CS.

@nappyP did you hear anything from CS in the meantime? I paid the customs etc (“until Wednesday!” they wrote on that Saturday) but haven’t heard anything since.

I’ll be damn annoyed if they demand another payment, I paid the vat upfront, and its clearly listed on the order status as paid.

Sorry @Sable I don’t want to be misunderstood here: I fully believe that neither CS nor MNT make a single euro more from that last payment. It’s gonna go 100% to shipping and handling. I take issue with the fact that along that line, nobody at Mouser/CS stopped to think and then said “stop. let’s hire a temp for a few days, and a desk in Berlin, and have them ship the EU orders directly. They already need to be packaged individually anyhow.”

I’d be cool if this was money that MNT needed to cover for increased chip prices, shipping, project timeline overruns or anything thelike. But that’s not the case from all I can tell. They’ve been exemplary in their execution and communications. This is just fucked-up logistics form CS/Mouser with zero regard to customer value proposition and environmental impact of shipping these units twice over the Atlantic for no reason whatsoever.

Actually pretty mad at this, especially the asymmetric communication, writing “pay now or else…” but then not giving any sign of life for weeks at end.

I’ve not heard anything from them. I’ve filled out countless help tickets, I got one reply several months ago. It was bogus, just a referral to their FAQ page. Essentially saying I had to pay the sales tax, despite purchasing the item in a sales tax free state, and still not receiving the item. The only updates are the one’s Lukas posted. I remember something about the end of Feb, but here we are, and again nothing from CS.
I don’t think I’ll ever buy from CS again.

Hey, I’ve been cleaning up here a little because it was getting too inflammatory. I understand your frustration and I am sorry.

In the meantime, I’ve got an automated email that shows stock levels from Mouser, so a lot of our stuff is definitely in their warehouse. Maybe they’ve sent out something to anyone?

Was the talk of capitalism and its problems, too far?

The politics in general? Or was it something else?

Whatever it was, I probably said too much, if you deleted it…

Either way, it was not my intention to be inflammatory…

I thought I was speaking truth to how things should be…

It seems I have more work to do, regarding wisdom… -_-

honestly if it wasnt likely to cause more problems I’m very tempted to cancel my CS order and order directly from Lukas.

That isn’t a bad idea, but you may want to ask him if that is a good idea first.

he advised against it higher up in the thread.

1 Like

I think since the Reforms are physically in Mouser’s possession at this point it would be silly to require another customs visit and shipping process from Germany. Better to keep pestering CS / Mouser to get the lead out or provide a justification for the delay.

Well, considering Lukas says to do otherwise, like @loonylion said just now, its probably not a good idea, after all…
That being said, forget I said anything regarding CS or mouser… It is probably better if I don’t get Lukas annoyed at me again…

Either way, I am sure you will get your computer sooner or later, albeit preferably sooner.

To be clear I am saying that cancelling the CS order and ordering directly from MNT would be silly at this point. It is being inferred in what I said. :+1:

1 Like

Anyone here with a late April delivery date from CS? It’s been crickets from them since that last brief non-update earlier in the year. I haven’t even heard anything about tax / increased shipping costs.

mine said 18th march last I looked

EDIT: checked again, now says 18th march for keyboard/trackball, and 28th april for the reform kit. CS have a LOT of explaining to do, and fast.

EDIT 2: and 31st january for the plug.

Mine also says April 28 for the main Reform and some parts, and various (earlier) dates for some other things (power cable, wifi antenna, extra keycaps).

FWIW, I ordered on April 06, 2021 - I know I was (relatively) late to the party, and so have tempered my expectations accordingly. eg. based on their most recent shipping update from January where they said “We currently expect the majority of open orders to ship by the end of February, with the remaining orders shipping by the end of April, at the latest.”, I just assumed that I will be in the “remaining orders” batch (having already had the estimated date pushed out numerous times, it’s just safer that way). Which also gels with the April 28 estimate - though maybe they just conservatively put that for everyone? It would be nice to know if any went out in February, ie. if they’re making any progress at all…

I also notice that next to the shipping address, my order says “This order is being processed. To change the shipping address, please contact support as soon as possible.”. But I never got any email notification telling me to check/update my shipping address - so I sure am glad that a couple months ago, I checked and updated it myself.

FWIW, I ordered at the end of November and also have an estimated shipping date of April 28.

When I check my order, some will be shipped on April 28, 2022 and some will be shipped on January 31, 2022.
Like you, I have no notice of taxes, shipping or additional charges.
Also, I have not received any items shipped on January 31st.

me neither, though if I had the option I wouldn’t even have a plug. I have a crate full of IEC leads in my office, I don’t really need another one :slight_smile:

1 Like

FWIW, my Reform DIY kit (ordered in Aug 2020) showed up yesterday via UPS with little warning. I got an email at 8:10am from CS with the tracking number and the UPS package was dropped off at 10:30am.

5 Likes