Where is my computer?

Received build #99 last Wednesday. Everything was immaculately packed. Love the size. Beautiful machine. Have been learning the ins and outs these last few days in between work and now booting on system v3. This is also the very first website I’m visiting on my mntR!

8 Likes

That’s amazing to hear! I would really like to see how the packaging (inside shipping box) looks like, perhaps if someone else receives their unit.

I was ordering a DIY Kit around November 2020.
In CS, MNT Reform’s DIY Kit was supposed to be shipped on April 28th, but unexpectedly I received an email from Cloud Supply to ship the product 3 days ago.

I live in Japan, but surprisingly it seems that the goods have already been delivered to a local shipping company and will probably arrive soon.

No additional tax was required, but the shipping costs are payable and I have confirmed from the local shipping company that I have to pay JPY 13,500.

When I get it, I would like to take a picture of how it is packed.

1 Like

I just received the MNT Reform and took a picture of the packaging!

2 Likes

As a heads up: my Reform got shipped to the wrong address by CrowdSupply/Mouser/Whomever.

I had updated my shipping address months ago, but I guess some stale information was stuck in the system.

I might not be the only one this happened to, so double check your tracking number for what town your Reform is headed to.

Do you mind saying whether you ordered a DIY or pre-assembled Reform? And when you ordered?

Also, how did you find out your tracking number? Did CrowdSupply email you? Do you know if it was listed on your order page on the CrowdSupply website?

I’m getting a bit concerned by this combination of reports of deliveries possibly showing up unexpectedly, possibly being sent out in a different order to when people ordered, and now also possibly going to the wrong address…

I ordered Feb of last year as a kit. I got an email from CS, and the tracking number was available in my account on the CS website.

The kicker was that the CS website had my correct shipping address listed for the order, but once I clicked through to the tracking number with UPS, it was clearly going to the wrong city.

1 Like

Ok thanks, that’s very helpful!

this whole thing is an utterly catastrophic disaster on the part of CS. Companies have gone bust after less incompetence than this. I have honestly never seen or heard of anything like this from a big company ever.

I ordered in Nov 2019, for reference this was months before anyone had ever heard of covid.
I ordered the assembled kit.
Mine just showed up a few days ago. I got an email from CS with a tracking # one day out of the blue. Nothing useful was posted to my account. I updated my address this past spring, but noticed I had to do this at least twice before it seemed to take. Then they promptly said if i didn’t pay sales tax within a week, I’d forfeit my order. I sent many requests to the CS asking for help, questions, etc. and they never addressed anything. The only information I ever got was from Lukas.

2 Likes

I just emailed CS about shipping (since I haven’t heard from them since they asked me to update my address in early February), here’s what I just received:

Just to give you an update, I think we are expecting another shipment to go out sometime in April. If someone has already gotten theirs, it may have been they were earlier backers for the project.

We appreciate your patience! When your order does ship, you will receive an email which will contain tracking information.

1 Like

Just FYI we sent another 64 Reforms to the Mouser warehouse end of last week.

2 Likes

I ordered in April 2021 from Germany and I got an email from Crowdsupply yesterday including an End User Certificate that they asked me to send bad.

So I guess my unit is about to be shipped \o/

reform is restricted military hardware? thats news to me.

What? Is that the only thing the EUC is used for? Since the individual is from Germany and ordered through Crowd Supply, my guess is that this requirement is a German. But who knows really…

its the only thing mentioned on the wikipedia page, its to try and stop people/organisations/countries buying weapons and military gear through third party intermediaries to disguise who the real purchaser/recipient is.

I think that’s a normal Mouser re-exporting to EU thing.

Required by the EU. Seems crazy that a product from the EU would need to go through such a thing.

Just for fun, this is what I just received from the CS:

greetings,

Unfortunately, the item on your purchase order has restrictions imposed. We are unable to ship this item to you and has been cancelled. If you would like us to assist in finding a substitute or to ship the remainder of your order, please contact your local customer service team for assistance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I am from the EU, for your information.

They asked for my VAT number first (I of couse don’t have one) then they sent me the text above. I have no idea what to do now.

That seems strange. Please drop us a line at support@mntre.com with your CS order details and we will get to the bottom of it.

1 Like