Where is my computer?

Thanks - details were e-mailed this morning.

A follow-up data point, I ordered a Reform Max on 6 April 2021 (and later added a set of blank keycaps), and yesterday got an email from Crowd Supply saying that my order had shipped. The email has a tracking number, and the correct address (updated around Jan 2022), and my order page on the CS website also shows the tracking number, as well as an “Actually shipped” date. The UPS tracking page shows the correct destination city.

2 Likes

Another data point. I literally just got my shipping notification from CS for a May 5th 2021 order.

1 Like

Exciting! I ordered a DIY kit on May 4 2021, no notification yet (and I’ll be out of town all of this week - ironically, I’ll be in Texas, where Mouser ships from) but it’s nice to know they’re probably on the way!

Mine showed up yesterday. I had almost forgotten about it, until a week or so ago when I got the shipping confirmation email.

I unboxed everything but haven’t unwrapped the components yet – need to do some housekeeping so I have room to work. But I’m excited. My old X220 is literally disintegrating.

2 Likes

Is there somebody who ordered around April, May 2021 from Germany and got their unit yet?

My Reform order showed up earlier this week, and seems fine and correct (and I’m really really looking forward to getting it going this weekend!).

However, for anyone else getting delivery to Australia, be aware that Crowd Supply’s charge of 10% GST is incorrect - that only applies for shipments under AUD$1000. Shipments over that value have GST assessed at import time, and foreign companies should only collect GST at sale time for low-value imports (under AUD$1000).

So I ended up having to unexpectedly pay import GST + duty + customs fees to UPS to release the package. I’ve opened a support ticket with Crowd Supply to get a refund of the erroneously charged tax, but no reply yet.

I ordered from Germany in Oct 21, and got mine in the beginning of December 21. But I ordered directly through MNT and not CS.

I understand when the crowd funding campaign was running that ordering directly through MNT wasn’t possible, but I would honestly consider talking to them and cancelling your CS order and just ordering it directly from MNT.

Of course, MNT might not want that, so talk to them first.

Lukas already advised against doing that earlier in the thread.

I also heard Lukas advising against cancelling now, I will wait for the unit to arrive. I was asking because I wanted to get a better idea of when units headed to Germany will arrive.

Also, we are out of stock.

Would be interested in knowing about that, too.

I ordered on Apr 02 2021 and didn’t receive mine yet. Crowdsupply order said ‘Estimated to ship: Apr. 28, 2022’ and still does now, a week after this date has been due.

1 Like

I have contacted CrowdSupply and they said theyexpect the orders to ship this or next week. That being said, they added that the units have not arrived at their warehouse yet.

FWIW, on 4/29 Crowd Supply updated my order to say that the “Flexible Wi-Fi Antenna - I-PEX” was expected to ship on 5/4. That day has now come and gone, but at least for the past week I’ve been under the impression they were just waiting on that one component to come in, since no other parts of the order have had their estimated shipping dates updated.

It sounds like it should all be coming together soon though if they expect to ship this or next week.

none of my dates have changed and they’re all in the past now. Zero communication from CS.

As inhji has pointed out, they do answer to support requests. I had the same experience: I contacted them about the time I posted here today and got an answer only a few hours later, that they hope to get the laptops out ‘the next week or two’.
What has upset me was how long it took them until Lukas and his colleagues could send over the first batches to them; but right now I see no reason to believe they could do anything to accelerate the process.
Of course, some kind of official announcement some time during the last year would have been better…

1 Like

This but also my emails, previously (the twice? I’ve ever contacted them) returned within a few hours, are now just ignored entirely. No response in over a week of any form. Though my last email to them was only partly “where is my stuff, you’ve changed my ship date so many times and it’s now past the last update”, and the rest to the effect of “your horrible (lack of) customer interaction on this campaign is a large part of what’s stopping me from backing other great projects”. I get it - crowdfunding stuff is hard and there’s a lot of moving parts, but even an email to the effect of “your stuff won’t make the deadline we set for ourselves, and here’s why” would have been great (a couple times over, now).

1 Like

this has nothing to do with it being a crowdfunded project, its 100% incompetence on the part of a major company. i.e. CS/mouser.

3 Likes

To close out my story, after 2 weeks of hearing nothing back from CS about my tax refund (despite a few follow-up emails), I opened a new support ticket, but this time under “Other” (down the very bottom of Contact Us | Crowd Supply) rather than one of the “Shipping” options. A CS rep then replied within a day to say they were looking into it, and the following day later the tax refund was approved and processed.

So I just checked my CrowdSupply order and it got pushed back to July 1st. Sorry, but this is getting ridiculous.