I’m using Indivision ECS modules in my A500’s, and one of my A500’s is getting a ZZ9000 as quick as you can ship
I’ve ordered the Denise interposer board for my ZZ9000, however ‘it seems’ like MNT has not really anticipated or planned for co-operation with Indivision ECS modules.
I’m considering a couple options:
I can remove the vertical IDC connector from the MNT interposer board, replace it with a right angle IDC connector, then add a 48pin IC socket to increase vertical clearance, before seating the Indivision ECS.
I can remove the vertical pins from the Indivision board and replace them with pass-through socket pins, so the MNT interposer can be placed on top of the Indivision ECS.
Jens has also just suggested I solder a 48 pin socket on top his Indivision ECS board, which is really the same as the option above really…maybe a bit lazier
Are there any other options I should consider ?
Has anyone else already done this, solved this issue, maybe I’m completely wrong, just going by photos ?
Any chance of an interposer with the IDC header on the Vidot side of Denise ?
- Amiga model: A500 rev 5
- 680x0 CPU: 68030
- RAM Configuration: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast
- Kickstart, AmigaOS Versions: KS3.2, WB3.2
- ZZ9000 Firmware version: Whatever you ship it with
- ZZ9000 Driver version: Whatever’s in the box or on the support site that day
- Monitor model: Samsung SyncMaster 28"
- Other Zorro cards: ACA500plus, ACA1234-50, ACE2b